The Test Drive
- Imagine that Citroen just gave the chance to make a test drive in their
new XM ( hmm think how many years back this happened ).
- Younger and impatience as I was I wanted to make a test drive as well.
- What model would you like? The 4 or 6 cylinder? Since my Plymouth was a
6 cylinder, I wanted a 6 cylinder. After a copy of my license
- I did get the keys and was ready for take of. How smooth everything was
running.., mmm and the smell of a new car. Citroen had made a
- new system on this XM. When taking a corner the car would stay leveled
like the road, problem was that taking a corner you expect the
- car to tilt a bit and so is your body. Resuming in me hanging in the
direction of the taken corner and the car just stayed flat like there was no
- The car was so smooth, almost no sounds at all ( well compared to my old
Plymouth ). You know the effect of driving your car for years?
- You just know how fast you're going by the sound the engine is making.
Driving in another car will take time to learn the sound of this engine.
- Before I knew I was doing speeds in within the city...these days they
will take your license here for going 50Km faster above the speed limit.
- So..50 Kmh ( 31 Mph ) is the speed limit within the city. When I finally
looked at the speedometer I was going 140 Kmh (88Mph ).
- I never have been so glad that there was no police at the time.
- The car was doing great, but finding out with what speed I was going
made me feel not that good. Thinking about the possible effects it could
- I quickly drove back to the dealer.